[Maps-l] Tile expiry, a new attempt

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Jan 2 12:57:52 UTC 2012

Hello,
please have in mind that we take the osm-labels-lang styles in
wikipedia only for zoom 0-6. For the more interesting zoom-levels we
take only default style for performance reasons. The only exeption is
the small hsb.wp ("Obersorbisch").

People from ru.wp ask me to support russian but I did affraid that it
will be too much load for us. But now is russian map so popular that
it is perhaps usefull, we should use pre-rendering for it.

|Kay: Please excuse my ignorance, but what is "default"? Is it the same as
|"osm"?
Yes.

Greetings Kolossos