[Maps-l] OSM "lightening" update

openstreetmap at yvesoesch.ch openstreetmap at yvesoesch.ch
Sat May 28 19:20:48 UTC 2011

Dears,

I'have made in the last months quite a large number of edit on the OSM dtabase,
and added the "lit=yes" or "lit = no" tag to many items.
The toolserver used to follow my edits although with quite a delay, might be
some weeks. But now, there are edits made in february, which are still not up to
date on toolserver.
I refer here to the page:
http://toolserver.org/~osm/styles/?layers=B000F0TF0000F0FFF0000F&zoom=8&lat=46.67936&lon=8.15495
I don't know exacly why, but I've seen on the OSM platform status
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Platform_Status) that the xapi server fafnir
is out of disk spaceand that the api is overloaded and out of date.
- Is that the reason why the toolserver is not updated anymore?
- How to solve this issue?
- What it the "normal" update rate of toolserver/lightening layer?

Best regards

Yves, OSM enthusiast