[Maps-l] "Need" a new python module

Kay Drangmeister kay at drangmeister.net
Mon May 31 21:06:49 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have some python scripts that access the mapnik database (on my home
server). I am to migrate these to toolserver/mapnik/hstore.

The problem is that I import psycopg2 as a database connector:

kayd at willow:~/parkingicons$ python
/home/kayd/parkingicons/osm-parking-icons.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/kayd/parkingicons/osm-parking-icons.py", line 9, in <module>
    import psycopg2
ImportError: No module named psycopg2

Question1: is it possible to install that module?
(download from http://initd.org/psycopg/)
~/Install/psycopg2-2.0.13$ python setup.py build
~/Install/psycopg2-2.0.13$ sudo python setup.py install

or

Question2: what alternatives are available?

Kind regards,
Kay