[Maps-l] hstore on Query-to-map project

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sun May 16 15:29:15 UTC 2010

Am 16.05.2010 12:15, schrieb Tim Alder:
 > As far I know the hstore support no "like" command.
Well, you can do WHERE (tags->'name' LIKE 'A%') but I'm not sure if this
can take use of any index.

 > So a column index
 > would be nice to
 > get e.g. all streets beginning "A..." in an area: "where name like 'A%'"
 > or looking for something like
 > "Amselweg" or "Amselstraße"...
 > So perhaps line table would be better than the point table for testing.

We are updated with the main db now, so I added the two indexes on the
line table:

CREATE INDEX planet_line_name ON planet_line (name);
CREATE INDEX planet_line_ref ON planet_line (ref);

and did some test-queries (see textfile). of course the BitmapAnd is
much faster then the hstore like. As far as I understood we'll have to
add those indexes to the other tables as well, right?

Peter