[Maps-l] hstore on Query-to-map project

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun May 16 08:33:35 UTC 2010

Hello,
thank you Kai for your "@>" hint.

It works now also fine on huge areas with rare objects (pipelines):
http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/qtm2/queryinmap.php?name=*&key=man_made&value=pipeline&types=lines&BBOX=11.740278,50.862222,14.140278,52.062222

Amazing.
----

Kai Krueger schrieb:

> Can you not use the the osm_id to link to objects?

No, a street with a bridge in the middle have more than one osm_id and this IDs are changing with each new segment.
My plan for the future is to link from Wikipedia-articles to complex OSM-Objects and this links should be human-readable, powerfull
and long-time stable so I decide to use BBOX, key=value, name and/or ref.

----
One hint from my side:
OSM key-values can contain whitespaces so we need doubleqoute:
(tags @> '"ref"=>"A 4"') works fine.

----
For the indexes on name and ref I will test next week  if I could live also with the index of hstore.

Greetings Kolossos