[Maps-l] hstore on Query-to-map project

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Sat May 15 18:54:30 UTC 2010

I'm happy to can say: "The light is on.".

I moved with my project Query-to-map[1] to hstore-DB which was really easy, so I can now
also show lit=yes[2]. ;-) As far as I know is no project active on the old tables, so we could shut off them?

"drink:club-mate=yes" (rare key with commons value) works fine, also in a huge area, so I'm very happy ;-)
But "amenity=baby_hatch" (commons key with rare value) and others doesn't work fine in a huge area, that is frustrating.
Peter explains the reasons in his mail.
But we should really find an answer for this problem.
Is there a way to indexing the hstore with alternating the keys and the values or indexing the values?
I read in in the documentation[3] only that "%% hstore"	convert hstore to array of alternating keys and values.

Or could we use a second alternated hstore?  This should work and there are a lot of use-cases.

Independent from that I want to ask if I can get an index on "name" and "ref", because I use this often to link on objects from
featurelist.

The tools seems in the moment not very fast because we have high load on the database until we are up-to-date.
So I will wait with further testing.

Greetings Kolossos

[1] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Query-to-map
[2] http://toolserver.org/~kolossos/qtm2/queryinmap.php?BBOX=13.5333,50.95,13.9333,51.15&name=*&key=lit&value=yes&types=lines|areas