[Maps-l] introduction: the new osm database

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Fri May 14 14:27:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de> wrote:
> Colin Marquardt schrieb:
>> 2010/5/14 Peter Körner <osm-lists at mazdermind.de>:
>>> Colin Marquardt schrieb:
>> Well, at this zoom, I could imagine that something times out before a
>> tile can be rendered if there is much data to be pulled.
> Well then we should upper this timeout, I think.
>
> It seems not to be a renderd configuration, though. I don't know where
> to look for the mod_tile configuraion. do you?

Any timeouts configured in mod_tile should not be effecting this, as
they only controll  serving and not rendering. Those tiles that don't
get rendered in time for serving, will still continue to render in the
background and when finished be written to disk so that they are
available the next time you try and view them.

I am also not aware of any timeouts in renderd that could explain this.

Just a thought, but is it possible that renderd some how chokes on
some other resource limit? I haven't looked at the lighting style, but
the hikeandbike style looked fairly complex seemingly pulling in alot
of data at low zooms. Might renderd even crash on these tiles and
automatically get restarted?

Kai