[Maps-l] Planet-Import with hstore

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Sun May 9 16:03:38 UTC 2010

Hi Folks,

i started a planet import with the additional hstore column. It allows
us to retrive and search in all tags used in osm. I used a combined
hstore/column scheme, as our tests on the german devserver showed that
hstore-value-conditions are much slower than the column-conditions of
the classic database layout.

If the import is over, i'll come back with some sample queries.

The import is running on ptolemy using the following command:

$HOME/src/osm2pgsql/osm2pgsql \
	--slim \
	--cache 3000 \
	--merc \
	--prefix planet \
	--style $HOME/src/osm2pgsql/default.style \
	--host sql-mapnik \
	--database osm_mapnik \
	--hstore \
	--extra-attributes \
	$HOME/data/planet-100505.osm.bz2 2>&1 | \
		tee $HOME/planet_osm_hstore_import.log

I'm planning to switch the ddiff update process to this database after
the import and to drop the old, classic database.

Peter