[Maps-l] Announcement: OSM-streetlist works now also with points and areas

Tim Alder tim.alder at s2002.tu-chemnitz.de
Mon Oct 26 19:46:44 UTC 2009

Hello,
I make some extensions to my streetlist-script so that it gets nearly
the functionality of the old query-to-map script but is independent of
XAPI and GoogleMaps.

It now support point, line and area objects. As example you can see all
churches near Dresden:
http://cassini.toolserver.org/~kolossos/qtm2/queryinmap.php?BBOX=13.5333,50.95,13.9333,51.15&name=*&key=amenity&value=place_of_worship&types=points-areas-infos
If you click on the objects you can get more informations about the object.
And you can get offcourse also a list of it:
http://cassini.toolserver.org/~kolossos/qtm2/featurelist.php?key=amenity&value=place_of_worship&types=points-areas-infos&BBOX=13.5333,50.95,13.9333,51.15

More documention you can found in the wiki:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Query-to-map

Before I want to promote it for to OSM-community I want to ask, if we
can get an update of the database? And could we get some additionally
columns to the database?
The following keys would be really usefull and are not too much:
cycleway, shop, lit, operator, surveillance, website and wikipedia.
Who can do this?

Greetings Kolossos

 BTW: The OSM-Toolserver get a kind of competition:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/FOSSGIS/Server
This can be good for OSM and we can concentrate us perhaps to the
knowledge aspect of OSM and the interface to wikipedia.
<http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&p=DEdPgA&search=competition>