[Licom-l] Opt-out?

Erik Moeller erik at wikimedia.org
Wed May 27 19:50:50 UTC 2009

2009/5/26 Robert Rohde <rarohde at gmail.com>:
> One of the unresolved issues in my estimation is how to react to
> people who say: "Relicensing?  Not my work, no way, no how!".

Yes: I don't think we can give any prescriptive answer, but for this
and for some other licensing-related practical questions (including
the "external content attribution" question), I think we should start
coming up with a list of recommendations for Wikimedia communities.
Communities would be free to implement these as they see fit.

An example recommendation here could be to extend the courtesy of
removal where doing so is reasonably possible without major
disruption.
--
Erik Möller
Deputy Director, Wikimedia Foundation