[Labs-l] Issue tracker for diffusion repo?

Chase Pettet cpettet at wikimedia.org
Wed Nov 30 14:32:34 UTC 2016

Andre,

How do you feel about the idea of automatic project creation using some
convention such as tools-$foo or some such.  We are ramping up with usage
via https://toolsadmin.wikimedia.org/ where management of code with
Git/Diffusion is both encouraged and integrated.  It would make some sense
to anticipate that code hosted in Diffusion will at some point require
associated tasks, and it may be nice to establish a norm now on naming :)

Cheers,

Chase

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 6:31 AM, Andre Klapper <aklapper at wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Hi Magnus,
>
> On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 11:51 +0000, Magnus Manske wrote:
> > So I now have a diffusion repo for my quickstatements (V2) tool:
> > https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/2010/
> >
> > How can I attach a Phabricator task/issue to it? Neither
> > "quickstatements" nor "tool-quickstatements" show up in tags when I
> > try to submit a task.
>
> Tasks can be associated to Projects in Phabricator.
> And repositories can also be linked/connected to Projects.
>
> We do not automatically create a Project for each repository.
>
> > Likewise, how can I get a list for all/just-open tasks for this repo?
> > Shouldn't that list be linked from the diffusion page?
>
> It shall, but that does not happen automatically...
>
> If you'd like to have a Project (and workboard) in Wikimedia
> Phabricator for tracking tasks, please file a request task:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/Creating_and_renaming_projects
>
> Thanks!,
> andre
> --