[Labs-l] Unable to access MW vagrant instance via proxy

Huji Lee huji.huji at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 21:38:02 UTC 2016

Thanks Tim. When I try to connect to the mysql server using the mysql -u
wikiadmin -pwikipassword I get the following error message. I checked and
the socket file really doesn't exist (the directory /run/mysqld/ is empty).

ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

I ran sudo find / -type s to see if I can find the socket file elsewhere;
the result is at http://pastebin.com/5LU21Zt5 and doesn't include any mysql
socket files! Yet the instance is running a wiki on mysql. I am confused,
and still need help connecting to the DB.