[Labs-l] Dev wiki on Labs for Wikispeech

John Andersson john.andersson at wikimedia.se
Sun Nov 27 13:05:02 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

At Wikimedia Sverige we are working on the development of a new extension
called Wikispeech[1]. The aim is that Wikispeech will increase
accessibility to the information in Wikipedias articles for all the
millions of people that for different reasons has a hard time reading.

This is the first extension we are developing, and we have now reached a
point where it would be great to have a dev wiki installed on Labs that we
can experiment on. Is this something anyone could help us with?

Also, we are wondering if it is possible to put up services on Labs? We
would ideally like to have a TTS server there. Is that doable?

This is an externally funded project that ends in September next year - so
we are in somewhat of a rush and we would really appreciate a helping
hand.[2]

Thank you.

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikispeech
[2] If this is successful we are however very likely to get continued
funding to develop Wikispeech further.

Best,

John Andersson
Wikimedia Sverige