[Labs-l] Tools NFS disruptive maintenance scheduled on 11/2 is being postponed to 11/14

Madhumitha Viswanathan mviswanathan at wikimedia.org
Tue Nov 1 18:47:32 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We had previously announced a disruptive maintenance for tools[1] on
11/2(tomorrow), but we are going to have to postpone it tentatively to
11/14/2016.

Apologies for the late notice, but the server in our secondary datacenter
in Dallas that hosts data backups is having issues since yesterday[2], and
we are currently still debugging and fixing the problems there. We've
decided not to proceed with this migration until our backups there are
online.

As always, do let us know if there are any questions/concerns here or on
#wikimedia-labs.

[1]: https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/labs-l/2016-October/004698.html
[2]: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T149567