[Labs-l] cron not working?

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Tue May 10 03:23:33 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 7:38 PM, Bryan Davis <bd808 at wikimedia.org> wrote:
> On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 6:19 PM, Tim Landscheidt <tim at tim-landscheidt.de> wrote:
>> Magnus Manske <magnusmanske at googlemail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Same here. I hope someone with root powers reads the list, otherwise I'll
>>> file a bug report tomorrow.
>>
>>> […]
>>
>> I've commented on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T132475.
>> From glancing at the error messages for the tool dbreps, the
>> new jsub script does not seem to stop parsing at the first
>> non-option, so it tries (and fails) to parse arguments to
>> the program to be executed.
>
> This is most certainly fallout from my rewrite of jsub. I have a patch
> up in gerrit [0] that I think may fix it. Unfortunately I'm not sure
> how to build and deploy the deb package (or if I even have rights to
> do so).
>
> The quick workaround that can be applied is to change your invocations
> of jsub (and jstart and qcronsub) to add a '--' argument parsing stop
> indicator just before your binary name. Example:
>
>   $ jsub -N just-testing -- ~/something -s 1234
>
> [0]: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/287875/

The two known bugs: "error: ambiguous option: ..." and "IndexError:
list index out of range" are fixed now on the tools bastions. Sorry it
took a while to correct these.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA