[Labs-l] Guidance on how to set up pywikibot cronjobs and utilise oauth

Brad Jorsch (Anomie) bjorsch at wikimedia.org
Mon Mar 21 13:21:45 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 9:07 AM, billinghurst <billinghurstwiki at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Since I converted my (pywikbot) bot to use oauth authentication, it is
> failing on its cronjob due to not authenticating.
>
> ERROR: OAuth authentication not supported: No module named
> requests_oauthlib

It appears in some quick checking that the system-wide
python-requests-oauthlib package is not available on the default precise
hosts, but is on trusty (and tools-login runs on trusty). Try adding "-l
release=trusty" to your job submission.

I also note that python-requests-oauthlib isn't explicitly installed at
all, it's only being pulled in because it's a dependency of python-twitter.
Someone should probably file a task requesting that it be installed
explicitly.

Or you might be able to install it in python's virtualenv for your
bot/account, but don't ask me how to do that because I don't know anything
about it besides that it exists. ;)