[Labs-l] Separating "content" categorizes from organizational categories

Huji Lee huji.huji at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 22:46:49 UTC 2016

An article titled [[Willie Trombone]] can be in two categories:
[[Category:People born in Neverhood]] and [[Category:Articles missing date
of birth]]

In my opinion, the first one is a *content* category, as it is categorizing
the subject of the article. The latter, in contrast, is an *organizational*
category, as it is about the article itself and not about its subject.

Is there a reliable way to distinguish these categories from each other,
e.g. using Wikidata and its hierarchies? I am not looking for perfection;
anything that does most of the job is good enough, especially if it is
something that can be queries via SQL.