[Labs-l] Chase Pettet promoted to Engineering Manager of Wikimedia Labs

Mark Bergsma mark at wikimedia.org
Fri Mar 4 16:21:12 UTC 2016

Hey all,

I'm very happy to announce that Chase Pettet has been promoted to
Engineering Manager of the Wikimedia Labs team in Technical Operations.

Chase has been working with us inside Core Ops for the last two years. More
recently he's been increasing his involvement in the Labs team for some
time now, and has already provided needed technical expertise and hands-on
work on several Labs projects, and on resolving many underlying issues of
core Labs infrastructure implementation and design. This will continue
going forward.

However he's also been thinking about and helping out with the direction
and management of the Labs team, and provided the team with increased
attention and support. I'm very happy that he's agreed to now take on that
role in an official capacity as well. I think this transition is a positive
step for the team in further providing and improving infrastructure
support, tools and stability within the Wikimedia Labs environment, and I
look forward to working with him in that role.

Thanks,

--
Mark Bergsma <mark at wikimedia.org>
Lead Operations Architect