[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] Labs Openstack upgrade next Tuesday, 2016-08-02, 16:00 UTC

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Mon Jul 25 16:57:15 UTC 2016

     I'm going to upgrade our Openstack install from version 'Kilo' to
version 'Liberty' next Tuesday.  I've scheduled a 3-hour window for the
process, although noticeable service interruptions should be shorter.
Here's what to expect:

- Tools services and existing Labs uses should be unaffected apart from
brief ( < 1 minute) interruptions in network service.

- Continuous Integration tests (Jenkins, Zuul, etc.) will be disabled
for most of the upgrade window.

- Creation/Deletion of new instances will be disabled for most of the
window.

- Wikitech and Horizon may error out occasionally and/or display
inconsistent information.  Users may need to refresh their web logins
after the upgrade.

Apart from fixing a few seldom-seen bugs, this upgrade shouldn't result
in noticeable changes for Labs users.  It will lay the groundwork for an
upcoming Horizon upgrade, but that will be announced in a future email.

-Andrew