[Labs-l] Connecting to MySQL user database using MySQL Workbench

tom29739 tom29739onwiki at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:01:31 UTC 2016

Are you changing the default schema along with it? I can't see why it
would make a difference, but you never know. :)
Also, when you're using tools.labsdb, try changing the hostname to
"tools-db" (no quotes).

(I'm the same person as before, finally managed to get my email client
set up right)

On 22 July 2016 at 17:51, Yellowcard <wikipedia at deeprocks.de> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Tom Doolan schrieb:
>>
>> Are you using the tutorial for MySQL Workbench?
>>

> yes I do, and it works fine with dewiki.labsdb as MySQL hostname.
> Surprisingly, changing it to values like enwiki.labsdb or tools.labsdb
> leads to that error and I have no idea why.
>
> Cheers
> Yellowcard

Regards, tom29739