[Labs-l] Gathering the results of Special:CentralAuth in electronic form

James Alexander jalexander at wikimedia.org
Sun Jul 17 05:55:17 UTC 2016

I think everything you'll want is in the globaluserinfo api
<https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=help&modules=query%2Bglobaluserinfo>
(see example for Jamesofur
<https://www.mediawiki.org/w/api.php?action=query&meta=globaluserinfo&guiuser=Jamesofur&guiprop=groups%7Cmerged%7Cunattached%7Ceditcount>).
It returns an api result with most (all?) of the Special:CentralAuth
results such as homewiki/global groups/global restoration along with a
array of merged (and unmereged though hopefully you don't get that
nowadays) wikis along with their registration date, global edit count etc.
with the proper props.

It doesn't appear to give an already calculated number of attached accounts
but obviously you can calculate that from the provided edits on each wiki.

James Alexander
Manager
Trust & Safety
Wikimedia Foundation