[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] Labsdb hardware failure: Some tools may a restart

Yetkin Sakal superyetkin at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 15 18:04:38 UTC 2016

Hello,
After restarting the web service, I get the following error with all of my tools.
No such file or directory
See http://tools.wmflabs.org/superyetkin/kategorisizkategoriler.php for example. My tools use c2.labsdb by the way.

Regards.

    On Monday, February 15, 2016 1:22 AM, Andrew Bogott <abogott at wikimedia.org> wrote:

   Hello!

 One of our db servers (labsdb1002) just suffered a disk failure.  We've rebalanced traffic to different servers, but depending on how tools are coded they may still be banging fruitlessly on the labsdb1002 door.  Here are the databases that were moved:

 'bgwiki'
 'bgwiktionary',
 'commonswiki'
 'cswiki'
 'dewiki'
 'enwikiquote'
 'enwiktionary'
 'eowiki'
 'fiwiki'
 'idwiki'
 'itwiki',
  'nlwiki'
 'nowiki'
 'plwiki'
 'ptwiki'
 'svwiki'
 'thwiki'
  'trwiki'
 'wikidatawiki'
 'zhwiki'

 If your tool relies on one of those databases, please verify that it is still up.  If it isn't, a simple restart should get you back on track, but you might also want to consider adding code that detects db failures and reconnects.

 Sorry for the interruption!

 -Andrew