[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] [notice] DB replicas user_properties view redaction

Huji Lee huji.huji at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 02:14:43 UTC 2016

Makes no sense to me to exclude data from these tables that is already
available through MediaWiki API. Why would you hide "gender" here when it
is accessible through something like [1]?

Of course, we should make sure only to allow gender to be accessible in
Labs DB if it is public (if private, you won't get it through API either).
But to remove it from Labs and claim it to be a security issue is
shortsighted. Either also convince this to be removed from API, or allow it
on Labs DB, IMHO.

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/api.php?action=query&list=users&ususers=Catrope&usprop=blockinfo|groups|editcount|registration|emailable|gender