[Labs-l] [NEW] Self-service git repository creation for tools

Bryan Davis bd808 at wikimedia.org
Sun Aug 28 00:55:22 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Amir Ladsgroup <ladsgroup at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can I use this tribune to voice a little criticism of diffusion? It's really
> hard to find repositories there. Take for example, I want to find ORES repo
> in diffusion. I go to https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion and there
> is no way find it except to either by search in phab or going through list
> of all repos (I go through several pages sometimes). It would be great if we
> were be able to find repos when they have a certain tag (e.g. there was
> "Diffusion repos" button in
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/1467/ )

There is a search function at
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/query/advanced/>, but I
agree that the discoverability in an install with as many repos as
Wikimedia hosts is pretty poor. This seems like something that an
enterprising individual could think about a bit and then discuss
upstream [0]. Phacility only hosts 7 repos so they all fit nicely on
one screen and I imagine that Facebook has a relatively small number
of repos as well due to the basic UI design. One idea that could be
floated would be some ajax powered typeahead filtering similar to
Gerrit's project view. (OMG did I just suggest that Gerrit's UI
actually does something well?)

</threadjack>

> Thanks for this amazing project, I already started with one project, going
> for more projects.

Thanks!

[0]: https://secure.phabricator.com/project/profile/9/

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis              Wikimedia Foundation    <bd808 at wikimedia.org>
[[m:User:BDavis_(WMF)]]  Sr Software Engineer            Boise, ID USA