[Labs-l] user_daily_contribs view broken?

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Wed Oct 28 18:38:25 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Yetkin Sakal <superyetkin at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dropped for what reason? It was helpful for gathering revision counts of a
> list of users, which seems impossible even using the revision_userindex
> view.
>
> Any ideas?

I had no involvement on the decision about the extension, you will have to
ask someone else (see T85984).

I was told to drop the table, I dropped the table. It would not be useful
anyway because it was *not being updated* anymore. I will presume it may
cause performance problems in production, but have no idea.

Maybe someone else can tell you alternative ways to do the same. If there
is a feature that many people require, and the current schema makes
impossible, we can research ways to provide such functionality (without
guarantees). Those are feature requests that, among the possibilities, will
be attended- I am currently finishing one that many people asked for (exact
lag count per wiki).