[Labs-l] How can I extract triples from Wikidata?

Jaime Crespo jcrespo at wikimedia.org
Mon Oct 19 21:27:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Stefan Steinhauser <
stefan.steinhauser at student.uibk.ac.at> wrote:

> I need to extract all triples of Wikidata and to import them into a local
database

Just a suggestion, but independently of the format, have you thought using
the dumps[0], that are also available locally in labs? You get some nice
xmls including some application/json wikibase-items, ready for automatic
processing.

This will avoid long queries to the replicas and allow them to be used for
more real-time, OLTP-like queries.

Regards,

[0] <http://dumps.wikimedia.org/wikidatawiki/20151002/>