[Labs-l] sshd config: using newer ciphers and protocols

Merlijn van Deen valhallasw at arctus.nl
Fri May 22 08:08:04 UTC 2015

On 22 May 2015 at 01:18, Maximilian Doerr <maximilian.doerr at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I use SmartFTP because it gives me a beautiful GUI and a terminal
> simultaneously.  The latest updates now make it impossible for me to login.

This can be solved by updating your client. I just tested
version 6.0.2145.0, which can connect without any issues.

There are two other clients/programs where we know the change is causing
issues:
 - SSH Secure Shell Client, which doesn't support the more modern settings
because it's ancient (2003). The solution there was to switch to a
different client.
 - MySQL Workbench, which uses an outdated version of Paramiko to connect.
We are working on a workaround for that.

Merlijn