[Labs-l] Simultaneous job limits?

Anthony Di Franco di.franco at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:26:29 UTC 2015

Hi all,
 In cocytus we seem to be hitting a limit on the number of simultaneous
jobs we can have active on the grid engine. It seems we need about 24-32
simultaneous ones to keep up with our workload but it only seems we can
reliably run about 20, the rest usually ending up queued indefinitely. Is
there a way to get more scheduled to run? Are we hitting some policy limit
that can be increased, or is it load-dependent? We have been considering
moving to a dedicated instance for various reasons; is this a sign that
it's a good time to do so?
Thanks
Anthony