[Labs-l] [Tools] Tool Labs bastion ssh fingerprint changed

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:39:29 UTC 2015

Hello!

If you try to ssh to tools-login now, you might get a scary looking
SSH warning. Do not fear! Things are all good. The new fingerprint is:

f9:c1:53:72:f0:57:85:dd:6f:4d:cb:f6:d0:ce:84:aa

And you can remove the entry line for tools-login from your
~/.ssh/known_hosts and proceed to log in.

Why was this happening? tools-login the old instance is a bit messed
up, and the fastest way to restore service is to just create a new
instance and point the old IP at it. This also allowed me to upgrade
them to trusty, which would give you new versions of a lot of software
:D We have preserved the old instance for forensics, and will figure
out what had happened over the next few days.

Thank you for your understanding, and sorry about the scare :)

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog