[Labs-l] Questions regarding the Labs Terms of use

Ricordisamoa ricordisamoa at openmailbox.org
Fri Mar 13 15:56:14 UTC 2015

Il 13/03/2015 16:10, Jeremy Baron ha scritto:

> On Mar 13, 2015 10:49 AM, "Ricordisamoa" <ricordisamoa at openmailbox.org
> <mailto:ricordisamoa at openmailbox.org>> wrote:
> > What about tools and services made up of software themselves? Do
> they have to be Open Source?
>
> What are "tools and services made up of software themselves"? are
> there "tools and services" not made up of software?

I meant "software that makes up the main part of a tool/service", not
libraries or small scripts by third parties that one may "use or
install" independently.

> On Mar 13, 2015 10:58 AM, "John" <phoenixoverride at gmail.com
> <mailto:phoenixoverride at gmail.com>> wrote:
> > That's debatable. Released under a free license vs publicly available.
>
> [citation needed]

A program can actually be released under a free license and used via a
web server without requiring that its users be given access to the code.
The only license requiring it that I know of is the GNU AGPL.

> > My code is not published for several reasons
>
> Name them?
>
> -Jeremy

To be clear: I'm not going to make my code proprietary in any way. I
just wanted to know whether I'm entitled to ask for the source of every
Labs bot ;-)