[Labs-l] doubt on GeoData / how to obtain articles with coords

Marc Miquel marcmiquel at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:33:18 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

I am doing some research and I struggling a bit to obtain geolocalized
articles in several languages. They told me that the best tool to obtain
the geolocalization for each article would be GeoData API. But I see there
I need to introduce each article name and I don't know if it is the best
way.

I am thinking for instance that for big wikipedies like French or German I
might need to make a million queries to get only those with coords... Also,
I would like to obtain the region according to ISO 3166-2 which seems to be
there.

My objective is to obtain different lists of articles related to countries
and regions.

I don't know if using WikiData with python would be a better option. But I
see that there there isn't the region. Maybe I could combine WikiData and
some other tool to give me the region.
Anyone could help me?

Thanks a lot.

Marc Miquel