[Labs-l] Instances with large local storage

Petr Bena benapetr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 13:25:56 UTC 2015

Hello,

Right now it's not easily possible to create instance with decent
local storage. If I wanted 160GB instance I also have to use 8CPU's
and 16GB of ram.

But I don't need so much, I just need the storage, I am fine with 1
CPU and 512MB of ram. So why don't we have different combinations when
spinning up new instances?

If I wanted to make instance that is NFS-independent, such as postgre
server, I would probably need to plan a bit because there is no way to
add more disks or extend instance later. So far NFS was only storage
that did scale at some point.

Is it possible to create different instance templates with different resources?