[Labs-l] Incremental backups or alternative

Marek Blahus marek at blahus.cz
Fri Jun 19 09:56:39 UTC 2015

Hello,

if there are no incremental backups of our tools' code and data and no
plan to introduce that (?), what can I do to make sure that I won't
loose another ten days' worth of volunteer work next time a disk failure
occurs at the Labs?

Currently, I think of scheduling a daily rsync to my computer or another
non-WMF server. Is that the best idea? (I am not very keen on doing
that, though, because I know it would make much more sense to have this
solved at Labs themselves.) What do you other people do to prevent data
loss in outages like this one?

Marek Blahuš