[Labs-l] [NFS outage] Tools is back

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Fri Jun 19 06:32:04 UTC 2015

Hey all,

The tools project is/should be back up now, with three important caveats:

* All the files on NFS (in /home and /data/project) have been
  reverted to their version as of Jun 8 2015 around 14h UTC[1].
* Any crontabs your tools may have have been commented out to
  avoid the risk of invoking obsolete/broken code until you
  have had an opportunity to update or fix it.

Otherwise, and as far as I know, we are now back to fully operational
status.  It's possible that some bugs may shake out in the coming days,
don't hesitate to poke a labs admin if that is the case.

-- Marc

[1] work to salvage as much of the crashed filesystem as possible
    continues, but may not have good success.  In any case, we will
    *not* restore that version; but if you have precious data
    or files dating after Jun 8 which you absolutely cannot
    recover otherwise, we /may/ be able to recover them for you.