[Labs-l] NFS outage in progress [UPDATE]

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Thu Jun 18 15:06:52 UTC 2015

Le 18/06/2015 16:03, Bene* a écrit :
> I think that's exactly the point where WMF is to blame. Labs is a
> powerful place on which lots of communities rely. We need our bots and
> tools do work efficiently, otherwise it is hard to do cool things on wikis.
>
> So the point is, if "it doesn't have so big budget" this is a big
> mistake and the foundation should consider to change that. You see,
> community gets angry if their tools don't work.

If a bot is so tremendously useful, maybe some efforts can be made to
move it to the production system and dedicated hardware instead of
relying on the shared labs platform.

The community can certainly push the WMF to prioritize it IMHO.  After
all the foundation is the community tool as I see it.

--
Antoine "hashar" Musso