[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] FINISHED: possible wikitech breakages

Antoine Musso hashar+wmf at free.fr
Wed Jun 17 09:26:13 UTC 2015

Le 10/06/2015 01:26, Andrew Bogott a écrit :
> This is done, for now.  It went pretty well!  All services except for
> public labs DNS have been moved off of the old server.
>
> I'll mop up DNS in the coming days; it shouldn't cause anything
> noticeable to end-users.
>
> There is one thing to watch out for:  The labs puppetmaster is now
> running on a Trusty box with a largely untested puppetmaster software.
> So if your puppet runs go all goofy, please follow up with me or open a
> phab task.

Hello,

Our puppet manifests do not quite work under Trusty yet.  Back in April
I have migrated the 'integration' puppetmaster to Trusty and had to
revert back to Precise :-/

The issues should be blocking task prefixed with 'Puppet:' on
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T94916

In short: classes not being found and the new ruby version being annoyed
by unicode in .rb files.

Our revert task:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T94927

--