[Labs-l] [Labs-announce] Labs bastions ssh key changes (affects all non-toollabs users)

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 17:05:40 UTC 2015

Hello!

In the ongoing effort to make labs more reliable, we're upgrading
Labs' bastion hosts to Debian Jessie, and disabling NFS on them all.
This means two things:

    1. On Monday June 15th 12:00 UTC, the ssh fingerprint of the labs
bastion (bastion.wmflabs.org) will change, and all active connections
via it will drop momentarily. The new keys are available at
https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:SSH_Fingerprints/bastion.wmflabs.org
    2. Other bastion domains (bastion2.wmflabs.org,
bastion3.wmflabs.org) will stop working then. I've been privately
emailing people who have been using those, and I'm pretty sure I got
them all.
    3. No more NFS on the bastion hosts, which means your current home
directory contents there will be 'missing'. They can be recovered for
you by a labs admin, but you shouldn't be having things in there
anyway...

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T95924 is the underlying task for this.

Thanks

--