[Labs-l] Hosting a high-load project on Labs?

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Mon Jun 1 16:55:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Jun 1, 2015 12:44, "Jacek Wielemborek" <d33tah at gmail.com> wrote:
> suggested to me that it
> might be a problem if my website would get slashdotted.

IMHO we can probably cross the you're overloading labs bridge when we come
to it.

I was mainly thinking that if you're getting slashdot style traffic then
that implies you also would want more uptime than we can give. But you say
you're not concerned with the lack of ops coverage and redundancy.

I still don't think labs is a great fit for your use case but if we're
going to allow custom domains, privacy policies, etc. (and there doesn't
seem to have been a veto for any of those things yet) then you're welcome
to be the guinea pig and see the uptime or lack thereof first hand.

-Jeremy