[Labs-l] ToolLabs back up

Daniel Naber naber at danielnaber.de
Wed Jan 28 22:43:58 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-28 19:33, Nuria Ruiz wrote:

> It could be also that the port is occupied by tomcat but your webapp
> is not running. Tomcat can be running "empty" or on a defective state
> if that makes sense.

I did some more debugging: these are the Tomcats on
tools-webgrid-tomcat.eqiad.wmflabs and their port numbers in
/data/project/<id>/public_tomcat/conf/server.xml.run:

vcat 4000
lalm 4001
javatest 4002
wikilist 4002 -> duplicate - also shows an empty page on
http://tools.wmflabs.org/wikilist/
isbn 4003
random 4004
merlbot-web 4007

In /data/project/languagetool/public_tomcat/conf/server.xml.run my
project has port 4001 so it cannot start because lalm is already running
there. wikilist seems to have the same problem. It looks like the port
assignment via /usr/local/bin/portgrabber (called from
/usr/local/bin/tool-tomcat) is broken.

Regards
  Daniel