[Labs-l] File server problems?

Yuvi Panda yuvipanda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 04:45:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:36 PM, Bryan White <bgwhite at gmail.com> wrote:
> Webserver was slow.  So, I logged onto tools-dev and there was a delay
> logging in and a delay in doing most commands.  The load averages on queue
> machines are incredibly high...  The webservers are at 70, 54, 30, 14 and
> 13.  Many of the queue machine's load averages are over 10.

Hmm, they seem fine to me now - I'll keep an eye out.

Also, we have trusty machines available that are less loaded now. All
new machines will be trusty, so you can use:

1. trusty.tools.wmflabs.org to log in / use as bastion
2. '-l release=trusty' to jstart/jsub commands to execute your command
on the trusty exec hosts
3. 'webservice2 --release=trusty start' to have your web service run
on the trusty host.

--
Yuvi Panda T
http://yuvi.in/blog