[Labs-l] Another labs outage - curse of the accursed hardware failure continues

Andrew Bogott abogott at wikimedia.org
Fri Feb 27 20:10:43 UTC 2015

Here's the complete writeup of this outage:

https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Incident_documentation/2015027-LabsOutage

Beta admins:  Please peruse the list of vulnerable instances on the
bottom of that report.  If you identify failure points on that list,
please contact me today to migrate them to different hardware.  Also,
I'd encourage you to identify SPOFs throughout the project and consider
ways to increase redundancy.

-Andrew