[Labs-l] Labs restart & mysql connections dropping?

Sean Pringle springle at wikimedia.org
Sat Feb 14 22:44:05 UTC 2015

Hi Nuria

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Nuria Ruiz <nuria at wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Team:
>
> After the restart on labs recently we are seeing a lot of dropped
> connections. We are connecting (just like before) to labsdb1001.eqiad.wmnet

Which recent restart?  The GHOST restarts in late January, or the labsdb
restarts last week? Something else?

What error codes and messages are you seeing client side?

Is there any pattern? Eg, time of day, specific queries, etc

What lead you to look at the problem? Is it definite that connections
started dropping at a known point in time?

Sean