[Labs-l] Failure to support database dumps on labs

John phoenixoverride at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 04:23:46 UTC 2015

I am looking at a ticket filed almost two years ago for labs to support the
-latest format that the toolserver had, and guess what? Zero progress has
been made.

This is getting sad, when labs was created it was supposed to be a
replacement and improvement on the toolserver, yet a basic feature of
running tools on database dumps has yet to be implemented,

So knowing that, I got a request to run a database scan today. I took a
look at /public/dumps/public/enwiki to figure out the path to the most
current dump. Guess what? we don't have it on labs. The most current dump
for enwiki is from last year.... /public/dumps/public/enwiki/20141208/

Something needs to happen, key, basic functionality of the toolserver is
still missing, its not rocket science, yet ops has consistently failed to
provide needed functionality in this area, filing tickets gets me nowhere,
so the real question here is why is this still an issue and who do I need
to call in order to get things resolved?