[Labs-l] PostgreSQL or access to GCC

Mike Dupont jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 19 17:41:48 UTC 2015

Before you get in trouble, I dont know what you are allowed to do. In fact
that is one reason I am wary of using the system much. But if you were
"allowed" you can do that technically. You can unpack gcc from an archive
(rpm or deb or tgz)   if the architecture and libc version is right and run
it by setting variables.

mike

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 12:39 PM, Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah at gmail.com>
wrote:

> W dniu 19.04.2015 o 19:36, Mike Dupont pisze:
> > I have successfully installed postgres locally before by unpacking the
> > appropriate rpms or debs and setting some variables. anyway...
>
> So am I allowed to copy the GCC binary and compile PostgreSQL there?
> That would be quicker.

James Michael DuPont
Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org
Saving Wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com