[Labs-l] PostgreSQL or access to GCC

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Sun Apr 19 17:40:08 UTC 2015

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Jacek Wielemborek <d33tah at gmail.com> wrote:
> I could as well set up a VM on my PC with the same distro Bastion uses
> and copy the binaries, but having GCC locally available would be much
> more convenient - if possible.

There's something missing here.

The bastion is just that, a bastion. You should not be compiling or
running software there.

Assuming your username is D33tah[0] then you are not currently the
member of any other project. And there doesn't seem to be a project
called WikiSpy either.

You first need to request a new project or join an existing project if
relevant (normally an option would be tool labs but it sounds like
maybe you are too big (billions of records) and anyway you probably
can't get postgres in tool labs.

postgresql is available in both ubuntu and debian. just a simple apt-get away.

-Jeremy

[0] https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/special:diff/154506