[Labs-l] JSHint on Tool Labs

Jeremy Baron jeremy at tuxmachine.com
Tue Oct 21 04:48:33 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 3:26 AM, Ricordisamoa
<ricordisamoa at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> Unfortunately, due to historical reasons, one of JSHint's files has a "The
> Software shall be used for Good, not Evil" clause.
> So, does JSHint comply with Tool Labs' terms of use?

Could you elaborate?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jshint/jshint/1b886447c75b3164ccef95bd9236dbeb8d58950f/LICENSE
(current master) is a verbatim copy of the current version of
http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT

It has not been modified in a bit over 2 years.

Oh, I see. There's a single file in the repo with a different license.
https://github.com/jshint/jshint/blob/cf0f2702f9eec54b42c2814dec738b319bf23d1a/src/jshint.js#L19

There's some news at https://github.com/jshint/jshint/issues/1234 in
the last 2 weeks.

So, either it's packaged and we backport it to trusty (current ubuntu
LTS) or we figure out some other way to get it to labs. I'm not 100%
sure if it's ok to use the copy from npm at the moment.

-Jeremy