[Labs-l] Trusty now available in Tool Labs

Krinkle krinklemail at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 18:16:41 UTC 2014

The grid has Trusty nodes and qsub/jsub supports specifying the OS of the
execution node.

Webservices also run on the grid I think, so while the webservice cli utility
itself might not have it as a built-in parameter, I imagine one could already
make it execute on a Trusty node.

Hm.. there are 'webgrid' nodes as well. I'm not sure whether it's required
for tools web proxy to work that the webservice on those nodes. If so, we'll
have to wait for Trusty-based webgrid nodes first.

+1 on this. Would be nice to use e.g. newer php for web-facing scripts.

— Krinkle