[Labs-l] update on labsdb replica sync issues

Marc A. Pelletier marc at uberbox.org
Mon Nov 3 22:36:52 UTC 2014

On 11/03/2014 05:27 PM, Sean Pringle wrote:
> 1. We need some memory and time limits for user queries. Memory usage is
> easy to track server-side on a per-client basis, but users may find it
> difficult to predict or understand why specific queries trip some
> arbitrary memory limit. So, just time based? Thoughts?

I'd go for memory despite the fact that it's a bit more obscure to the
enduser because that's the actual proximate cause of the failures - time
based would almost certainly catch /almost/ all of the problematic
queries but it's hard to predict which ones would baloon faster.

> 2. The TokuDB bug DB-739 appears only on specific types of upstream
> transaction, so some replica tables (including but not necessarily
> limited to *links, user, recentchanges, and geo_tags) are being switched
> back to InnoDB until further notice.

The bug is stated to be fixed upstream, do we know how long before that
filters down into a version we can deploy?

> 3. After #2 we resync across the board, yet again.

Either way.

-- Marc