[Labs-l] Unable to delete jobs

Daniel Naber naber at danielnaber.de
Mon Nov 3 10:07:14 UTC 2014

On 2014-11-02 20:20, Marc A. Pelletier wrote:

> There is a new process in place for killing jobs: first, the process
> group is sent SIGINT, there is a delay of up to 10 seconds, then
> SIGTERM
> is sent to the process group.  If the job process or any of its
> descendents are still alive after another ten seconds, then they are
> all
> individually killed with SIGKILL.

Is this supposed to work for webgrid jobs like Tomcat, too? If I run
"jstop tomcat-languagetool", this sometimes won't stop tomcat, e.g. in
cases where there's an out of memory problem. I can only stop that job
by logging to the machine where it's being executed and kill -9 it
manually.

Regards
  Daniel