[Labs-l] Size of Root Partition

Tim Landscheidt tim at tim-landscheidt.de
Sun May 25 18:32:19 UTC 2014

Dirk Hünniger <dirk.hunniger at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I currently got a problem that I got only 4 GByte of disc
> space which causes permanent outages of my service. If
> wikipages with more that 4 GByte of raw images are processes
> imagemagic crashes and does not free the disk anymore
> leaving the system unusable. I got a medium instance so
> there should be 20 Gbyte of Disc Space. But df -h tells me
> something different. Any ideas?

> [...]

As Jeremy hinted at, the disk space isn't allocated by de-
fault.  You can look at the role::labs::lvm::* classes to
see if they fit your use case or partition the space manua-
lly.

Regarding ImageMagick's temporary directory,
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10204060/how-do-i-change-temp-path-of-imagemagick
points to http://www.imagemagick.org/script/resources.php
and suggets that setting MAGICK_TEMPORARY_PATH on
ImageMagick invocation should allow specifying a different
temporary directory.

Tim